Varied hours & days including weekends and holidays as scheduled
The Sanitation Attendant is responsible for the cleaning and the sanitation of the Dining Services Department in compliance with regulatory agency requirements and company policies and procedures. The Sanitation Attendant will follow a strict code of sanitation techniques, safety procedures, and personal hygiene to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen and related facilities, supplies and equipment. The Sanitation Attendant operates the dish machine and pots machine; performs manual ware washing of equipment; maintains cleanliness of floors; removes trash, recyclables and refuse; delivers resident meals to the Health Care Center and Independent Living areas; and buses carts and trays according to service schedules. The Sanitation Assistant may direct the duties of the Sanitation Attendants and will also perform special cleaning tasks as assigned.
• HS Diploma or GED required, or in process.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
• Must possess strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Walks, bends, lifts, stoops and stands the majority of the day.
- Work is performed primarily in the Dining Services main kitchen, loading dock and adjacent areas, storage locations, refrigerator and freezer units. Work may also be performed in the health care center, dining areas or catering venues.
- Work involves retrival of items from various storage locations, refrigeration and freezer units. Work areas may have a wide range of temperature variations.
- Duties involve: lifting, bending, stooping, or stretching; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate food service equipment, handle serviceware, and perform cleaning tasks.
This is a Per Diem position. Per diem staff are hired to work on an "as needed" or "temporary" basis. Benefits are not included in this position.
Internal applicants should complete a Job Posting Application (available at the Front Desk Receptionist in the Community Building or from any Human Resources team member). All other applicants please click "Apply Now" below and complete an application for employment; you will have the ability to attach your resume at the end of the application process.