All shifts available including weekend and holidays as scheduled
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of resident care through the nursing process: assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for his/her resident based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient resident care delivery and achievement of desired resident goals. The RN is responsibility for meeting the established standards of his/her profession and for practicing within the scope of licensure adhering to federal and state regulations. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care and demonstrates positive outcomes in resident care.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Must possess excellent time management, organizational, planning and multitasking skills.
• Must be able to hear, read, write, speak English.
• Must be able to use a calculator, and perform math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages for drug calculations.
• Computer literacy.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• For up to 85% of the time, must be able to read, write, speak, hear, lift/assist residents into and out of beds, chairs, and the bathroom as well as turn residents in bed and engage in other physical activity, including bending, stooping, carrying, and standing, sitting, or walking for prolonged periods
• Moves intermittently during working hours; subject to frequent interruptions.
• Involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
• Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
• Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors.
• Works beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
• Subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
• Subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
• Subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease, conditions, etc., including TB and the HIV, MRSA, C-Diff and Hepatitis B viruses.
• May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
This is a Per Diem position. Per diem staff are hired to work on an "as needed" or "temporary" basis. Benefits are not included in this position.
Internal applicants should complete a Job Posting Application (available at the Front Desk Receptionist in the Community Building or from any Human Resources team member). All other applicants please click "Apply Now" below and complete an application for employment; you will have the ability to attach your resume at the end of the application process.