All shifts available including weekend and holidays as scheduled
The Host/Hostess directs the daily duties of Dining Room staff for meal service and sets-up catering functions, parties and events. The Host/Hostess assigns and coordinates job duties of servers, performs miscellaneous administrative tasks and host/hostess duties, circulates through the dining area to oversee meal service, and oversees the duties of the dining room staff during meal service. The Host/Hostess ensures the dining rooms are clean and attractive before and after meal service and is responsible for inspecting and closing the dining rooms at the end of each meal. The Host/Hostess interacts directly with residents, visitors and guests in a courteous and cooperative manner to ensure a pleasant dining experience. The Host/Hostess assists with the training, orientation and in-servicing of new dining room staff.
• HS Diploma or GED required, or in process.
• Must possess 6 months to 1 year of experience in formal- and buffet-style dining room or possess an equivalent combination of education, experience or training.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to follow written and oral directions.
• Must possess strong customer service, time management and interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
• Must reflect a high degree of respect, sensitivity, patience and tolerance.
• Must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, problem solve, and make independent decisions as necessary.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis
• Walks, bends, lifts, stoops and stands the majority of the shift.
• Work is performed primarily in the main kitchen and dining areas.
• Work involves retrival of items from various storage locations, refrigeration and freezer units.
• Work areas may have a wide range of temperature variations.
• Duties involve lifting, bending, stooping, or stretching in order to serve food, maintain work area, or retrieve items from storage.
This is a Per Diem position. Per diem staff are hired to work on an "as needed" or "temporary" basis. Benefits are not included in this position.
Internal applicants should complete a Job Posting Application (available at the Front Desk Receptionist in the Community Building or from any Human Resources team member). All other applicants please click "Apply Now" below and complete an application for employment; you will have the ability to attach your resume at the end of the application process.