All shifts available including weekend and holidays as scheduled
The Cooks’ Assistant prepares food for all areas following a strict code of food handling practices, sanitation techniques, and personal hygiene that will ensure appealing, wholesome food and compliance with all regulatory agency requirements. The responsibilities of the Cooks’ Assistant include cold food prep and cold food assembly, special function prep and assembly, mid-prep duties, short-order cooking, and line service. The Cooks’ Assistant may fill in for the Cook position as needed. The Cooks’ Assistant will perform cleaning tasks and perform inspection rounds to ensure a sanitary environment and the service of safe foods. The Cooks’ Assistant ensures foods are used on a FIFO basis and that foods are stored, labeled, dated and held in accordance with regulatory agency requirements and company policies and procedures.
• HS Diploma or GED required, or in process.
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in food preparation; Quantity food production and healthcare food service experience desirable.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to follow written and oral directions.
• Must demonstrate working knowledge of safe food handling practices in compliance with governing regulations.
• Must demonstrate thorough working knowledge of commercial food preparation and the use of commercial food preparation equipment.
• Sanitation certification desirable.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Walks, bends, lifts, stoops and stands the majority of the day
• Work is performed primarily in the Dining Services main kitchen and/or cafeteria.
• Work involves retrival of items from various storage locations, refrigeration and freezer units.
• Work areas may have a wide range of temperature variations.
• Duties involve lifting, bending, stooping, or stretching in order to prepare food, maintain work area, or retrieve items from storage.
• Duties involve dexterity of hands and fingers to prepare foods and operate food preparation equipment.
This is a Per Diem position. Per diem staff are hired to work on an "as needed" or "temporary" basis. Benefits are not included in this position.
Internal applicants should complete a Job Posting Application (available at the Front Desk Receptionist in the Community Building or from any Human Resources team member). All other applicants please click "Apply Now" below and complete an application for employment; you will have the ability to attach your resume at the end of the application process.