The Health Department at Medford Leas is led by a full-time Medical Director and includes the Health Center, a Short-Term Skilled Nursing Unit, Home Care, Assisted Living, and a Long-Term Skilled Nursing Unit.
Medford Leas has two kinds of contracts: Residence Agreements and Residence and Care Agreements (aka Continuing Care).
- Residence Agreements include the services of the Fitness and Aquatic Department and they include access to the Health Department Services on a fee-for-service basis.
- Residence and Care Agreements provide Continuing Care. Residents with Continuing Care move to Medford Leas’ residential homes and apartments while they are still active and in good health. If and when the health status of a Continuing Care resident undergoes a permanent change, a transfer either to an Assisted Living or Long-Term Nursing Care accommodation may be deemed necessary. Decisions to transfer a resident to areas of the community which provide 24-hour a day care are always made with greatest care and respect for the individual and always include the following steps:
- extended consultation between an interdisciplinary team and the resident (or the resident’s designated surrogate decision-makers, if appropriate)
- consideration of all alternatives
- determination that the resident’s health care needs cannot be served adequately at the resident’s present location
Health Center Services
The Health Center is a medical office where all residents may receive care.
- Full-Time Board-Certified Medical Director
- The on-site Primary Care Health Center is staffed by a Physician, two Nurse Practitioners and other qualified professional who do periodic physical examinations, follow-up visits for ongoing medical problems, maintenance of medical records, referrals to hospitals and specialists, administration of IV fluids, joint injections, immunizations, routine health care screenings, laboratory tests, EKGs, cardiac pacemaker checks, minor surgery,
- Additional on-site services: pharmacy, audiology, dentistry, psychiatry and psychology services, podiatry, physical therapy, massage therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, incontenance program, low vision program, counseling and education programs, complementary alternative therapies
Short-Term Skilled Nursing Unit
Short-term care for those who are ill or who require recovery/rehabilitation following a hospitalization.
Medford Leas offers Medicare-certified skilled nursing and sub-acute rehabilitation services in private or semi-private accommodations.
- Our onsite, full time medical staff of physicians and nurse practitioners provides care and services to meet the specific needs of our residents.
- Specialty services include: Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, IV Therapy, Wound Care, Pain Management, Diet & Nutrition Management, Podiatry Services, Dental Services
- Onsite Pharmacy
Our Options Program, which is available to residents in Court Apartments, provides nursing care and companion service at home.
Assisted Living at Medford Leas offers private studio accommodations in a comfortable, home-like environment. Here, residents receive individualized support service, personal assistance as needed, and Active Living programs to encourage and maximize independence.
Long-Term Nursing Care
Medford Leas provides long-term skilled nursing care and therapeutic recreation for residents requiring total support for their physical and/or cognitive needs.